The Berkeley Heights PAL offers a recreational baseball program every spring following the Call Ripken and Babe Ruth Leagues.
- T-BALL: for children in Kindergarten and kids age 5 as of April 1, 2022
- ROOKIE: 1st and 2nd grade coach pitch (40' mound & 60' bases)
- MINORS: 3rd and 4th grade kid pitch (46' mound & 60' bases)
- MAJORS: 5th and 6th grade (50' mound & 70' bases)
- BABE RUTH: 7th and 8th graders, or kids 13-15 years of age as of April 1, 2022 (full size diamond - 60'6" mound & 90' bases)
For current parental information and coaching resources on
Cal Ripken League (ages 5-12) & Babe Ruth League (ages 13-15)
including: rules, legal bats, approved equipment, pitching charts,
age eligibility, background screens, etc click above or here.
The Rec Program runs every spring, early April - mid June and is meant for boys and girls K-8 of all ability levels. This program is full inclusion, meaning no registered player is left off a team and all players will participate equally. Registration fees vary by grade and include the player's shirt and hat, all necessary team equipment and umpire fees. Instruction, safety and enjoyment are prioritized in rec baseball. The rec program is less competitive in grades K-2, and gradually becomes more competitive in grades 3-8. There are typically at least two games scheduled on weekday evenings with practices at the coach's discretion. The Rec program allows kids to play and interact in an organized team environment where they can learn how to be teammates, how to win with class and how to lose with dignity. Youth baseball can be a building block for many important life skills.
1) PARTICIPATION IN THE REC PROGRAM IS REQUIRED TO PLAY TRAVEL BASEBALL.
2) PARTICIPATION IN THE REC PROGRAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE PARTICIPATION IN TRAVEL BASEBALL.
3) TRAVEL BASEBALL IS A MERIT BASED SYSTEM USING AVAILABLE REGISTRANTS.
4) PLACEMENT ON A TRAVEL TEAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE FUTURE SEASON PLACEMENT.
For information on COMPETITIVE TRAVEL BASEBALL, please visit the Travel Baseball Page.
Berkeley Heights Baseball is about Fun, Inclusion and Excellence. The more our kids play and learn about the game, the more enjoyable it can become for them. The PAL strives to include all kids with a desire to play, and we will do everything we can to keep kids playing baseball at a level that they are comfortable. We will consistently push our participants to excel; to be better players and to be better teammates.
Youth Baseball Commissioner